Liver Coated Carrot Treats for Dogs
Give your furry friend the best of both worlds with the BFF Liver Coated Carrot Treat. This delicious dried carrot is coated in a mixture of salmon oil and liver hydrolysate, making it an appetising change to your pet's diet.
Benefits of Carrots
- Low in calories: Carrots are low in calories, making them a suitable snack option for dogs on a weight management plan or those prone to weight gain. They can be a healthier alternative to high-calorie treats.
2. High in fiber: Carrots are rich in dietary fiber, which can help regulate digestion and promote bowel movements in dogs. Fiber is beneficial for dogs with constipation or irregular bowel movements.
4. Vitamins and minerals: Carrots are a good source of various essential vitamins and minerals. They contain vitamin A, which is important for vision and immune function, as well as vitamins C and K, potassium, and other nutrients that can contribute to your dog's overall health.
5. Antioxidants: Carrots are rich in antioxidants, including beta-carotene, which can help neutralize harmful free radicals in the body. Antioxidants play a role in supporting a healthy immune system and may help reduce the risk of certain diseases.
Benefits of Salmon
1. Omega-3 fatty acids: Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, specifically EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid). These fatty acids have numerous health benefits for dogs. They support healthy skin and coat, reduce inflammation in joints, promote cardiovascular health, and aid in brain development and cognitive function.
2. High-quality protein: Salmon is a excellent source of high-quality protein, which is essential for dogs. Protein is necessary for muscle growth, tissue repair, and overall maintenance of a healthy body. It provides the building blocks for enzymes, hormones, and antibodies.
3. Essential nutrients: Salmon contains important nutrients such as vitamin D, vitamin B12, selenium, and potassium. Vitamin D helps with calcium absorption and bone health, while vitamin B12 is crucial for nerve function and the production of red blood cells. Selenium is an antioxidant that supports the immune system, and potassium is important for proper muscle and heart function.
4. Anti-inflammatory properties: The omega-3 fatty acids found in salmon have anti-inflammatory properties, which can be beneficial for dogs with conditions such as arthritis, allergies, or inflammatory bowel disease.
5. Palatability: Many dogs enjoy the taste of salmon, making it an appetizing option for those who may be picky eaters or have a decreased appetite.
Benefits of Liver
1. Nutrient-rich: Liver is packed with essential nutrients that are beneficial for dogs. It is an excellent source of high-quality protein, which supports muscle growth and repair. Liver also contains vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin B12, riboflavin, and folic acid. It is rich in minerals like iron, zinc, and copper, which are important for various bodily functions.
2. Vitamin A: Liver is one of the best natural sources of vitamin A, which is essential for vision, immune function, and the growth and development of cells and tissues. Vitamin A promotes healthy skin, coat, and mucous membranes in dogs.
3. B vitamins: Liver is abundant in B vitamins, including vitamin B12, riboflavin, and folic acid. These vitamins play a crucial role in energy production, the functioning of the nervous system, and the metabolism of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. They also support the health of the skin, coat, and digestive system.
4. Iron: Liver contains a significant amount of iron, an essential mineral that is necessary for the formation of red blood cells and the transportation of oxygen throughout the body. Adequate iron levels are important for preventing anemia and maintaining overall vitality in dogs.
5. Palatability: Many dogs find liver highly palatable, which makes it a useful ingredient in dog food or treats. Its strong aroma and flavor can entice picky eaters and make mealtime more enjoyable.